Birthday Pictures

Ryan's Birthday party was a blast.  We had it at a play center called Go Bananas and all the kids had so much fun.  I will definately be taking my boys back there to play. 

I'd have to say that besides the huge play area that the cake was the next favorite thing about the party.  I made Ryan's cake like I do every year and this year I made him a Thomas themed cake since that is what he's really into right now.  It took probably a good 7 hours to make this cake....give or take a bit since I did take some much needed breaks.  I made a vanilla/chocolate marble cake with vanilla icing on the bottom and chocolate on the top then covered the cakes in fondont and added some stars, clouds, trains along with a moving train!  It was a big hit.  The kids all gathered around the cake and were in such aww of it.  Ryan was pretty please himself since that was the first time he was seeing it as well :)

I wish we had a little more time in the party room, we have an hour and 45 minutes but with set up, and getting the kids all back in the room to eat...a long with eating and cake there wasn't much time left for opening presents.  We managed to get it done because Ryan insisted even though there were only a few people left since everyone else went back to the play area.  I prefer to open gifts infront of everyone anyways so that we can say our thank-you's in person.  Ryan got a pretty good stash this year, he was excited to get home and go through it all.  Thanks to everyone for coming and the lovely gifts :)  I hope you all had a great time, we sure did :)

I'm going to post pictures but more in a story board kind of format, I think it might be easier and faster for me to do it this way since it takes a while for photos to load on a photo hosting site and then adding the codes takes time as well.  I hope you enjoy it this way :)



Click the video and watch Thomas go around the cake :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment