Whistler!

We went up to Whistler for the weekend with my Dad and step mom.  Unfortunately Kevin couldn't come as he had to work :(  The place we stayed at was super nice.  I want the bedroom, the bed and the bathroom lol!  I shared the King size bed with the boys but only had the edge...such bed hogs.  I also never got to use the jacuzzi tub...those boys would never let me have a bath alone lol!  I think the last time I had a bath was when I was really pregnant with Ryan and that was uncomfortable.  Anyways I loved the extra space we had for the little time we had it.

My boys testing out the new bed, just like it's thier own!


This was only half of the bathroom, shower and toilet were behind me....who wouldn't love a bathroom this big?!


Reily and Alex decided to chill in the box of the foot rest lol!


I went back to check on Ryan and he was totally chill'in on the big bed.  He didn't even flinch when i came in a took his picture.


Our first night we just hung out at the hotel and then went down to the pool so the boys could burn off some energy before bed.  I didn't bring my camera with me to the pool but I wish I had, the boys had a great time.

The next day we headed up to the Gondolas and went all the way up to the top. of the mountain.  At the top there was still a bit of snow so of course we had to take the boys to play in it.  How cool, enjoying the snow in the summer!




Look Mom.....


SNOW!!!




My dad climbed up and decided to "ski" back down :p  I did this also...and it was fun, but my butt was sore and wet after lol....no i'm not posting pics :p


After we hung out in the snow for a bit we headed to the Peak to Peak Gondola.  This thing is pretty cool and scarey at the same time.   Here's some neat info on it.

Breaking world records connecting mountains!
Spanning the distance between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, the new world record-breaking PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola is a breathtaking, 4.4-kilometre journey to infi nite possibilities. Redefi ning the Whistler summer experience by creating limitless new ways to get up-close-and-personal with the mountains, this engineering marvel breaks three world records.
  • Longest unsupported span of 3.024 kilometres
  • Highest lift of its kind at 436 metres above the valley floor
  • Completes the longest continuous lift system on the globe
I don't know that Kevin would have gone on it, he hates heights, but knowing me I would have made him lol!


Ryan excited and waiting patiently!


The boys LOVED it!


Video!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0rS2ZAE4kGA?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>





Momma and Alex!


I shot this just in time as the other one was going past us!




CHEESE!






After a long day we headed back to the hotel for dinner.  After dinner I gave the boys a bath in the huge jacuzzi tub...they totally loved it!  They had so much space and water they almost didn't know what to do lol!  I would have loved to enjoy it but I never got a chance...I never got to enjoy the king sized bed either because i my little bed hogs lol!









The next day it was time to pack up and go home...  Wish we could have stayed longer :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment