Party Time!

Today we had a birthday party for Ryan.  His actual birthday isn't until the 22nd but parties are best on weekends so that everyone can make it.  He wanted to have a Spiderman themed party, he wanted me to make him a spiderman cake and hav it at a place called captin kids.  So I did just what he asked...and because he asked so nice :)

First I  made his invites, I just sent them by email this time as I didn't have time and couldn't find my card printing paper and really didn't want to buy more.  We both loved how it turned out.


Gosh it's so hard to believe he's going to be 5!  Man time has flown by so fast!!

The day before I got the goody bags ready (I forgot to take pics :(  )  and I made his cake.  I was trying to figure out how I was going to make this cake - mostly putting spiderman on it.  I had bought a spiderman figurine but it just wasn't enough.  I googled spiderman cakes and found a few that I like and attempted to draw it on myself.  I put the blue icing on first and then after that I was figuring out how the heck am I going to do this, I can't draw spiderman!  Well it turns out I can...and pretty dam good if I do say so myself :p  I outlined the whole thing on the icing with a knife first, then piped all the red, did the white and pipped the black last.  I was relieved when I was done and so proud that I pulled another cake off!  I knew Ryan was gonna love it!


I got the birthday boy ready for his party...he was looking pretty darn cool and was super excited!
 
 
 
His party was great and all the kids had a great time.  He absolutly loved his cake and told me thank-you!!  What a sweetie he is.  He got a lot of great gifts from friends and family....he was so excited about his new spiderman underwear....i love it when he's excited about underwear and clothes lol!
 





 
Thanks to everyone that came on his special day :)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment