He's 5!!!!!

My baby is 5! ....and he couldn't be more excited!!  He's been waiting for this day for the past 3 years.  He's so excited that he's 5, he knows that when he's 5 he can go to kindergarten!  I had to explain to him that he has to wait till after summer to go to school.  He thought that the day after he turned 5 he would be going to school lol. 

He woke up before me and was in his room reading.  I asked him to come and give me a hug and started to sing "Happy Birthday" to him but got shaky after "birthday" and had to stop...that ws as far as I could go with out tearing up.  My baby was now 5  - That's a big age, for him and me.  After I "sang" Happy Birthday he said "it's my birthday?"  I said "yes"  he said with excitment "i'm really 5 today?"  and i said "yes"  He squealed hugged me tight and was sooooo happy!

Today I decided to take the boys to preschool and that after we'd stop at Toys R Us so he could pick out his own gift.  He was pretty cool with that. 

 
Later that night we took him out for his birthday dinner.  We found a place called "Choo Choo's"  Perfect for a little boy who loves trains.  When we walked in they had a whole bunch of toy trains on top of the dessert case.  The ladies said the boys could pick some out to take to the table to play with.  They were both excited about that and both picked about 6 trains each!
 
 


 
Dinner was served...  we ate....
 

 
Then after we ate the waitress asked if we'd like dessert.  Of course the boys said "YES"  2 waitress's came out blowing train whistles with icecream and came and sang Happy Birthay to Ryan.  He was shocked lol....embarassed but happy.



I still can't believe he's 5...i've been a mommy for 5 years!  He's such and amazing, kind, smart, funny, loving kid.  I'm looking forward to the next 5 years.....as long as they go a little bit slower ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment