Last Day

Today was the last day of pre school for summer vacation.  I tried telling Ryan this will be the last day for a while but he doesn't understand.  I'm sure the next few months he'll be begging me to go, just like he does on the weekends.  We will have to find some new activities to do in the mornings until pre scholl starts again.

The teacher asked me to make some cupcakes for the last day but since I made those for all the holidays for the year I asked her if it would be ok that I make a cake instead, she thought it would be too much work and I told her know it's totally fine.  So I made a Rainbow Cake, with white butter cream frosting and made a rainbow on top and added marshmellows on the top for clouds.  I loved how it turned out and so did everyone else....not to mention it was super yummy!

During out last day the kids did there normal play time, singing, story time and then during cake the teacher played us a video of the pictures she took through out the year.  It was pretty cool.  As i saw a few pics of my boys I said awwww, some of them were when we first when and Alex was just 7 months old, so small.  My boys have both grown a lot in a year and have also learnt a lot.  Ryan has memorized all the songs and hand gestures, Alex knows all the hand gestures which is amazing for a baby his age.  He started getting the hang of it around 10 months, the teacher said she's never seen a little one do that before, she was amazed.

After the video the kids got to play until it was time to go.  I had brought Alex's bubble machine for the kids to play with outside but due to the rain we were stuck inside.  I asked the teacher if we could use it inside since we were on the carpet and she gave the go ahead.  I snuck it in the class and turned it on without the kids seeing and as soon as the bubbles started flying everywhere the kids were so excited and running around everywhere chasing bubbles.  It was a good way to end the day.

My boys and I will miss preschool until September, we can't wait to go back! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment