Downtown

Kevin's younger cousin Shay came to stay with us for 3 days.  The boys love her and she loves staying with us.  I thought it would be a good idea if we headed downtown and took a ride on the sea bus.  the boys have never been and it's been a while since Shay or myself had been on it.  So we headed downtown.  As we got to the seabus we saw a huge line up and we were wondering what the heck was going on.  Then someone yelled out that it would be a 30-45 minute wait to get on it.  I was shocked!  Then it dawned on me that this was the first sunny day in quite a while so I guess people were taking advantage of it and getting out to enjoy it.  I decided that we were not going to wait that long, it was just too long to wait and to hot.  Instead we just walked around waterfront for a bit and I showed Shay and the boys where I used to work.







Is it sad to say that I still miss my first  "official" job?  I loved working at Bagel Street Cafe.  I loved all the girls and loved the people that came in.  I also loved catering for the cruise ships, hotels andthe 2 biggest newspapers and a few other shops.

I loved seeing these everyday and meeting all the tourists that would come and order bagels.


This is the building for The Province and Vancouver Sun Newspapers.  I loved delivering to the offices and looking out the window.  What an amazing view they have!  I worked on the bottom floor...forgot to take a picture though.  Bagel Street Cafe is no longer there though but there is another bagel place in it's spot.



After staying downtown for a bit we headed back home.  We were invited to my dads for dinner so that is where we went.  The boys had fun playing out side and Shay was brave enough to jump in the cold pool.






0 comments:

Post a Comment